Simon has just sent us the following information. It suits all sailors whether female or male. And how true some of the statements are. He is currently in Thailand and sailing aboard his schooner Sirius. Thanks, Simon for your enlightenment.
18 Reasons Sailing is (almost) Better Than Sex
18. You don't have to sneak your sailing magazines into the house.
17. If you are having trouble with sailing, it is perfectly acceptable to pay a professional to show you how to improve your technique.
16. The Ten Commandments do not say anything about sailing.
15. If your partner takes pictures or videotapes of you sailing, you don't have to worry about them showing up on the Internet.
14. Your sailing partner won't keep asking questions about other partners you've sailed with.
13. It's perfectly respectable to sail with a total stranger.
12. When you see a really good sailor, you don't have to feel guilty about imagining the two of you sailing together.
11. If your regular sailing partner is not available, they will not object if you go sailing with someone else.
10. When dealing with a sailing pro, you never have to wonder if they are really an undercover cop.
9. Nobody will ever tell you that you can go blind if you sail by yourself.
8. You do not have to go to a sleazy shop in a seedy neighborhood to buy sailing stuff.
7. You can have a sailing calendar on your office wall, tell sailing jokes, and invite coworkers to sail with you without being sued for harassment.
6. There is no such thing as a sail transmitted disease.
5. If you want to watch sailing on television, you do not have to subscribe to a premium cable channel.
4. Nobody expects you to promise to sail with just one partner for the rest of your life.
3. You do not have to be a newlywed to plan a vacation primarily for the enjoyment of sailing.
2. Nobody expects you to give up sailing if your partner loses interest in the sport.
1. Your sailing partner will never say. " What? We just sailed last week! Is that all you ever think about".